How to Swab for RSV - The Complete Resource Kit & Guide
We put together some no-nonsense resources to learn how to properly swab and transport RSV Specimens
RSV swabs are a medical-grade diagnostic swab that is designed to collect viral samples from a patient’s nose. Using specialty materials and fibers, the swab can collect, hold, and release viral material for more accurate testing.
RSV swabs are similar to flu swabs and COVID-19 swabs. In at-home test kits, these swabs are sometimes one in the same.
In this free Puritan RSV Testing Toolkit, you’ll get access to these two resources:
- How to Collect an RSV Nasopharyngeal (NP) Specimen
- How to Collect an RSV Nasal Specimen
- How collecting an RSV specimen from the nasopharynx differs from the nares
- The four critical steps for taking each type of RSV specimen
- Which Puritan swabs to use for each type of RSV test
These up-to-date materials are informed by the latest information released by the FDA on how to collect specimens and which swabs are acceptable.